Cashew and almond cookies
(Makes 11 medium size cookies)
GF, dairy free, egg free
115g Sunbird Cashew and almond granola
45g GF oat flour
30g crushed or ground flaxseeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
30g coconut oil
75g nut butter (I used cashew butter, but any nut butter of your choice is good!)
45ml maple syrup
45g coconut sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 160°C (140°C fan assisted)
- Line a baking tray (you may need 2 baking trays) with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, prepare the wet mix:
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine. Use your hands to get the ingredients well mixed together.
If the mix is a little crumbly, chill in fridge for 15mins to allow the coconut oil to harden. If it’s still too crumbly – add 10g more coconut oil and that should do the trick!
For large cookies measure out 55 to 60g for each cookie, and if you want them medium sized measure out 35 to 40g.
Roll each pre weighed dough into balls and then flatten with your hand and then space out evenly onto the parchment – the cookies do not spread during cooking so you can place them close together!
Bake for 11 mins then remove – the cookies will feel undercooked – but leave them out of the oven - they will harden as they cool – if you cook them too long they will be very hard!
Leave the cookies on the baking tray for about 10 mins then slide the cookies (still on the paper) onto a cooling rack an allow to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week – can also be frozen.
- Melt the coconut oil (microwave is great for this – do in 15 second bursts- just until melted – careful not to burn!)
- Add the nut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together with a small whisk / fork.